CAS Recruitment is a specialist aviation resource partner that works in partnership with some of the most respected prestigious aviation companies across the globe. We were founded by experienced aviation personnel and all our recruiters are aviation professionals that understand aviation and speak your language.
We are excited to be recruiting for a Safety & Security Coordinator on behalf of our prestigious aviation client.
This position represents a unique opportunity for a IOSH Health & Safety professional, ideally with experience of SMS, SeMS & FRMS to join a small Safety team that operate in a relaxed, but professional environment where everyone genuinely gets along and pulls in the same direction with a strong sense of interdependency. No politics here.
As an experienced Safety & Security professional you will be comfortable working under your own supervision while being responsible for the daily maintenance of the Safety Reporting, Security Management, and (FRMS) Fatigue Risk Management Systems. You will have experience working within a busy airline environment and have the ability to actively promote a positive safety culture, dealing with a variety of Safety and Security related challenges, which will utilise your excellent communications skills.
Find out more about joining a world class airline as a Safety & Security Coordinator, great benefits package on offer including staff travel after qualifying period.
Now that we know a little about the role lets have a look at the required skills, experience and abilities in depth.
Scope of work:
- Coordinate and develop the Risk & Safety Management System on behalf of the Company while ensuring that departments complete their investigations and enter findings into the system. This will include Air, Ground Safety, Security Health & Safety and external events.
- Monitor & develop Safety data and trends for FDM and SMS of Company aircraft.
- Drive development and maintain the analysis programme for the Safety Reporting System to continuously improve the effectiveness of the review by the Accountable Managers, Safety Action Groups and Safety and Compliance Review Board.
- Lead Investigations of Serious Incidents and report findings under the appropriate company procedures to the SCRB and LT.
- Work in conjunction with the Compliance department providing risk analysis in order to identify the scope of security audits required, complete security audits. In line with the integrated safety, risk and compliance management system provide assistance to the Compliance department in the completion of inspections and audits.
- Liaise with the National organisations that advise or regulate the aviation business such as the AAIB, CAA, DfT, UKFSC, UKAB, BATA & NATS)
- Ensure the Company acquires and replays all flight data downloaded from QAR or DVDR equipment installed on Company aircraft, and notify Engineering when technical defects are detected in recording equipment.
- Ensure all structural exceedances triggered by flight data are raised with Engineering in a timely manner.
- Develop links with other airlines and design appropriate safety information exchange programmes.
- Provide development, coaching and expertise on Risk Assessments for the Business Managers.
- Coordinate and develop the FRM process within the Company.
- To provide or assist as required with the production of the Safety and Compliance Review Board Report.
- Provide flexible support as required, to ensure the Safety system integrity and effectiveness is maintained.
- Deputise for the Safety and Security Manager on all matters of Safety & Security as required.
- Develop processes and relationships to maximise the FDM analysis for technical reliability assistance.
- Coordinate indirect reporting lines in regards to Crew Security Trainers & management of H&S responsibilities.
Minimum Requirement: IOSH (or equivalent) Qualification in Health & Safety
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience of airline activities specifically in the field of Safety & Security Management
- Previous experience in the development and improvement of processes.
- Experience in maintaining relationships with the regulatory authoritiesÂ to ensure our clientÂ is seen as a pro-active organisation
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to challenging deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy in work carried out, with the ability to identify risk in process of operation.
It would be great if you had the following experience:
- Experience in the development, delivery and communication of the Safety Management System (SMS), and Risk Assessments.
- Proven experience in the development, and maintenance of EU and other authority approved Airline Security Programmes.
- Sound understanding and expertise in Flight Data Management and surrounding regulatory legislation, including confidentiality and union agreements.
- Experience in coordinating and developing a Fatigue Risk Management System.
- Proven understanding of crewing / scheduling agreements / rostering practices.
Don't miss this opportunity apply today!
***You must have the legal right to live and work in the EU to apply for this position***
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
CAS Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.